108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

hpnpl

SOLVED
Go to solution
jim bidebo
Regular Advisor

hpnpl

is hp jd printer installer for hp-ux 10.x compatible with hpnp that ive already running in hp-ux 10.20? ( J2559C 02.10)

what ive read is that jetdirect isnt supported by hp anymore. and the only thing ive found is this hp jetdirect printer installer...
4 REPLIES 4
jim bidebo
Regular Advisor

Re: hpnpl

well the most important question is: Will my old printers work if i install hpnpi (got like 50 printers that run via hpnpd atm).
Steve Steel
Honored Contributor
Solution

Hi

For me it works with one problem.

Default install is different going from
/opt/hpnp to /opt/hpnpl

The old print scripts point at /opt/hpnp so you can leave Jetadmin installed and the current printers will work and use the printer installer in its new directory for new printers.

If the old jetadmin is removed then
ln -s /opt/hpnpl /opt/hpnp

and all will work.

Or change this to the new dir in all scripts

HPNP=/opt/hpnp

Steve Steel
If you want truly to understand something, try to change it. (Kurt Lewin)
jim bidebo
Regular Advisor

oki.
better install it then =)

or does anyone know if its possible to find a newer version of jetadmin anywhere? (im running D.02.x)
Stefan Schulz
Honored Contributor

Hi,

as far as i know the last jetadmin version was D.06.21 which is still available somewhere in the ftp directoires of hp.com.

I don't have the direct link here, but you can search the forum here. The direct link was posted several times.

I have this version running here on HP-UX10.20 without any problems. Untill now i have no need to "upgrad" to the newer hp printer installer.

Hope this helps

Regards Stefan
No Mouse found. System halted. Press Mousebutton to continue.