108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

i have problem with install debian etch kernel 2.6 in dl380g7

i have problem with install debian etch kernel 2.6 in dl380g7

hi all
i have a dl380g7 server with 4g RAM,2*146 HDD,

i have problem with installation Debian etch kernel 2.6
this log is:
"The automatic detechtion didnt find a CDR-ROM you can try load aspecific module if you have a unusual CD-ROM drive"

thanks alot
4 REPLIES 4
Matti_Kurkela
Honored Contributor

Re: i have problem with install debian etch kernel 2.6 in dl380g7

You're trying to install an obsolete distribution that is no longer supported, to the latest-model hardware. This might not be a successful combination.

The Debian Project's support for "etch" ended on 2010-02-15. The current release is "squeeze": it was released very recently, on 2011-02-06. The previous release was "lenny": it's still supported and receiving updates.

The message indicates the kernel could not even identify the SATA controller that provides access to the CD/DVD drive.

If you really must install Debian "etch", you'll probably need the updated "etch-and-a-half" installation CDs to support your new hardware. "Etch-and-a-half" is just Etch with an updated kernel and installer to support more modern hardware. Please see this page for more information:
http://www.debian.org/releases/etch/debian-installer/etchnhalf

MK
MK
Alan_152
Honored Contributor

I concur with Matti, though you might also try an external USB optical drive with the media you already have...

Dear Matti and Alan
hi
I thank you for answering
i refer to the site and got etch-half download and install a version of it

bnx2-09-4.0.5.fw-files during the installation it was necessary.and my guy did and installation success.
but when Os gets the boot.have this error
"bnx2:cannot load firmware file bnx2-09-4.0.5.fw"

and when i confige the network i have problem And Os does not recognize network hardware.
the error is:
SIOCGMIIPAY on 'eth3' faild resource temporarily unavalable .no MII interface found

thank you very much
Matti_Kurkela
Honored Contributor

Make sure the bnx2-09-4.0.5.fw file is in /lib/firmware directory. Add it there if necessary.

MK
MK