Simpler Navigation for Servers and Operating Systems - Please Update Your Bookmarks
Completed: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We combined many of the older boards, so you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. Check the consolidated boards here as many sub-forums are now single boards.
If you have bookmarked forums or discussion boards in Servers and Operating Systems, we suggest you check and update them as needed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

install oracle

afshin
Occasional Contributor

install oracle

hi,
i want to istall oracle9! on linux red hat.
if i start ./runinstaller than apperar:
DISPLAY not set!
Please set DISPLAY and try again.
how can i do that?
tnx
afshin
2 REPLIES
John Poff
Honored Contributor

Re: install oracle

Hi,

First, you'll need to be running an X windows terminal to do the Oracle installation, as Oracle does it all in a graphical window. The DISPLAY setting is an environmental variable. Just do this:

export DISPLAY=myhost:0.0

-or-

export DISPLAY=##.##.##.##:0.0

where 'myhost' or '##.##.##.##' is the hostname or IP address of the system that you have used to connect to the Linux system.

JP
Balaji N
Honored Contributor

Re: install oracle

hi
assuming that you are running bash and you have already X configured and it is up and running,

export DISPLAY=ipaddress:0.0

also, if you are doing a telnet or rlogin and then trying to run this, you may need to run "xhost +ipaddress" on the machine from where you are running telnet.

hth
-balaji
Its Always Important To Know, What People Think Of You. Then, Of Course, You Surprise Them By Giving More.