108757 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

intel graphics driver 82845G creating errors

SOLVED
Go to solution
Linda Rose
Occasional Advisor

intel graphics driver 82845G creating errors

I have a problem with my graphics driver and I cannot figure out how to fix it. The computer shuts itself down randomly. I receive an error message that says the system has recovered from a serious error and prompts me to send an eror report to microsoft. I am then taken to microsoft site and receive a message telling me its my intel graphics driver. This has been happening for the last month. I have tried everything. Is there someone out there who might help me fix this?
11 REPLIES 11
James ~ Happy Dude
Honored Contributor

Re: intel graphics driver 82845G creating errors

Hello Linda,

try Reinstalling the Driver from :
http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Product_Filter.aspx?ProductID=865

Before reinstalling it, make sure u have backed up all Important Data.

Also, Try DISK FRAGMENTATION;

Keep the Windows updated with ALL UPDATES.

When exactly does the system reboots ?

Regards,
James.
Linda Rose
Occasional Advisor

Thank you for the reply. The computer shuts itself down randomly and then restarts. I sometimes am unable to get the computer to run again. When I do I have to put run in safe mode to continue. The driver I have is version 6.14.10.3943 I checked for an update and found version 14.10.3.4342 from the link you sent me. I printed out the instructions and will try this and hope it will fix my graphics problem. When it messes up it get a message that says you ialmrnt5 display driver quit working properly. I will let you know what happened when I download and install the newer version. Thanks again, Linda
Linda Rose
Occasional Advisor

Oops! The driver version update is now 6.14.10.4342 I downloaded the newer driver version and so far so good. I also went to driver agent.com and they scanned for missing driver updates. I printed out a report of what they call good and bad drivers. The results were that 31% of my drivers lacked significant updates. Most had to do with the intel driver.I automatically have microsoft updates set up on my computer. I will check for updates and get back to you with info. Thanks again, Linda
James ~ Happy Dude
Honored Contributor

Sure Linda.

Also, once thats done, dont forget to run the Disk Fragment.

Regards,
James.
Linda Rose
Occasional Advisor

James,

Thank you for the help. I am not sure but I think I may have more problems. My cpu usage was up to 100% and vsmon,exe was causing it. I found out alot of others were having the same problem and am working on trying to fix it. After I updated my driver I noticed things were a little better with my graphics problem. I am working on the new problem now. Thanks again for taking the time to help me. Linda
James ~ Happy Dude
Honored Contributor
Solution

Hello Linda,

Most welcome !

vsmon,exe belongs to Zonealarm Personal Firealarm. Shut it down.

Regards,
James.
Linda Rose
Occasional Advisor

James,

I hope you might be able to tell me where vsmon.exe came from. Is it part of my anti virus protection? I looked it up and it says to leave it alone. Also how should I shut it down? On startup or what. Thanks again, Linda
James ~ Happy Dude
Honored Contributor

Hello Linda,

Its a Part of ZONEALARM; A Personal Firewall.

May I know which anti-virus have you installed ?

Mcafee or Norton or AVG ?? or any other ?

If im not wrong, all these Anti-virus software comes with there OWN version of firewall.

Besides, Your windows COPY also has its own Firewall.

I {personally} wont recommend using ZONEalarm;

You may very well go ahead & uninstall it (provided you have one of the above mentioned Anti virus software !)

Regards,
James.
James ~ Happy Dude
Honored Contributor

Go to "Add/remove programs" under Control Panel to uninstall it.

James.