Simpler Navigation for Servers and Operating Systems - Please Update Your Bookmarks
Completed: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We combined many of the older boards, so you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. Check the consolidated boards here as many sub-forums are now single boards.
If you have bookmarked forums or discussion boards in Servers and Operating Systems, we suggest you check and update them as needed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

kayak xa with cd 16 burner

Alan Frederickson
Occasional Visitor

kayak xa with cd 16 burner

I have a Kayak XA with a P300 MHz processor. I installed an HP CD 16i cd writer. Now when I power off the unit and power back on the cd door will open. when I push the eject button to close the door, it will close and reopen. Does anyone know what may be wrong? I have checked the pins on the drive, everything looks good. I have double checked the installation and wiring and everything looks good. If I unplug the unit, remove the cover and unplug the power to the CD writer, then re-plug everything and powerup - the cd drive works fine until I power down again.. Is this a BIOS issue?

Thanks in advance.

Alan