I can issue the usermod -p command with success from the command line

Thanks in advance

Steve
take your time and think things through
3 REPLIES 3
Stuart Browne
Honored Contributor

Re: kickstart disk

Well, both of those commands pass with flying colors outside of a KS environment..

Things to check:

When the KS is running, watch the 4th VTY (umm.. I think it's the 4th *crigne* been a while). It should have the output of the KS commands. See which of those two lines failes.

As the default build-commands (i.e. anaconda KS file) has basiclaly identical commands (it's just adding a user afterall)...

One dumb question however. Are the 'tcsh' packages being installed, and is that package modifying the /etc/shells file to say that it's a valid shell?
One long-haired git at your service...
steven Burgess_2
Honored Contributor

Hi Stuart

Thanks for the reply

Please excuse me. This is my first week with linux

What do you mean by '4th VTY' I was wondering where i could see the commands from the %post

Also

Is it possible to test a kickstart disk as opposed to attempting an install with the disk. Having the commands fail, make the changes, reattempt the install etc etc

Thanks again

Steve
take your time and think things through
Stuart Browne
Honored Contributor

What I mean by the "4th VTY", is the 4th virtual terminal. If you prses CTRL-ALT-F4 during the install, you'll change to a text-screen with various details. I beleive the 4th one has the %post output.

If not, it's either the 2nd, 3rd. (ALT-F7 will return to the GUI installation, ALT-F1 to the TEXT installation).

No, I do not know of a way to 'test' a KS configuration without running it.. sorry.
One long-haired git at your service...