legato messages in syslog

SOLVED
Go to solution
Scott Van Kalken
Esteemed Contributor

legato messages in syslog

Hey all,

I've recently reinstalled a K class with HPUX 11.00

I'm getting this odd messages in my syslog.

Sep 13 11:26:52 uxmel3 syslog: Legato Storage Manager media: (critical) backup t
o pool 'Default' waiting for 1 writable backup tape(s)

The reason I think these are odd is that we don't actually use legato at all... Is this some weird patch that was loaded at install time which shouldn't be there?

Any hep appreciated
5 REPLIES 5
Patrick Wallek
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: legato messages in syslog

This very thing was covered in a very recent thread.

Did you (re)install Oracle (8i I believe) when you rebuilt this box? This is installed as a part of Oracle.

To get rid of these do:

/sbin/init.d/networker stop

This stops the Legato Networker daemons.

I don't know if you can remove the Legato product from your system via swremove or not. There are a couple of things to check to make sure that Networker doesn't restart when you reboot your system.

Look in /etc/rc.config.d for a file called networker or something very similar. There should be a parameter in the file that is set to 1 (one) to start networker. If you set this to 0 (zero) it should prevent it from starting.

You could also remove, or rename the /sbin/init.d/networker script and its associated S and K scripts from the appropriate directories.
Animesh Chakraborty
Honored Contributor

Scott Van Kalken
Esteemed Contributor

thanks heaps for that. Yes our DBA's installed oracle 8i.

I had a look at the networker script - as per usual oracle don't tend to follow the HPUX standard and there is no /etc/rc.config.d file.

I think I'll just unlink it.
Animesh Chakraborty
Honored Contributor

Hi Scott,
Nothing for me ?
:(
Did you take a backup?
Scott Van Kalken
Esteemed Contributor

I spoke to one of our DBA's. This is not an swinstallable package (as part of rebuilding the server this guy has been learning about swinstall coz I've been busy). It's actually an oracle package. He has removed this as an oracle package.

All sweet.

Still doesn't remove the /sbin/init.d script though. Will let you know what happens when I bounce the box.