New Discussion юеВ

looking for a software that will connect to hp

SOLVED
Go to solution
eran maor
Honored Contributor

looking for a software that will connect to hp

Hi

i m looking for a software that is working on linux (perfer rad-hat) that will connect to a hp-ux and will reflacte the cde on the linux .

does someone install a software like this on a linux ?
love computers
4 REPLIES 4
Bill McNAMARA_1
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: looking for a software that will connect to hp

This may work, although If I understand correctly what you want is a linux desktop login, then an Xwindow with cde login to hp-ux.

http://sources.redhat.com/cygwin/xfree/docs/howto/using-remote-session.html

You can try running that command from a vmware second linus installation configured to xdmcp.
see vmware.com

Later,
Bill
It works for me (tm)
Alex Glennie
Honored Contributor

try Xnest- its a nested Xserver so you can login to Redhat, start Xnest and run a full CDE session within a client window within the redhat window manager (gdm/kde etc)

You should find it on most good X / Linux sites and I suspect Redhat may have it installed already .....

look under /usr/X11R6/bin/Xnest ..comes with man pages too !
eran maor
Honored Contributor

Hi Alex

thanks for the Xnest . it is not install on the customer computer but i found te software for install .

thanks a lot
and also thanks to bill , i will try it after alex Xnest .
love computers
Alex Glennie
Honored Contributor

fyi :

syntax to get you going .....

Xnest :1 -query -ac -fp tcp/:7000

where hostname= the hpux system running CDE's dtlogin process and where hostname2= a hpux system running xfs.

I suspect you'll need to have access to an xfs'd machine as linux probably won't be able to cope with the specific CDE fonts you maybe lucky though ?

ps you can run Xnest in multi screen mode too to increase your screen acreage for more info look at the man page and the -screens option .....

pps I won't be around this pm hence the post ...enjoy !