Operating System - HP-UX
1753774 Members
6908 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: m3027 mfp printer question (also posted in MFP forum)

Dave Holgate
Advisor

m3027 mfp printer question (also posted in MFP forum)

i have set up a 3027 MFP on my HP-UX 11.11 system, using hppi; i called it "deanaslz1" and have not added any additional queues to it. when i use the following command:

cd /etc/lp/interface
lp -ddeanaslz1 deanaslz1

it prints, but to the manual feed tray... i can't seem to make it print to some bin OTHER THAN the manual feed tray. help? ;^)
thanks!
4 REPLIES 4
OldSchool
Honored Contributor

what model script did you use when installing it?
Bill Hassell
Honored Contributor

hppi chose the printer script to use based on the printer's ID. However, you can get a list of all the options from:

man net_ljx000

For virtually all multi-bin printers, the options -otray1, -otray2 or -otray3 will choose the paper trays.

Bill Hassell, sysadmin
Dave Holgate
Advisor

Bill,

thanks for your reply! i'm sure that'll work from the command line, but since i'm using VAR software, i have no such granularity. i have to do it elsewhere, presumably in the
/etc/lp/interface/deanaslz1
script file.
i guess the operative question is: why is it assuming "tray 1" (manual feed tray)?
thanks for your help...
dave
Bill Hassell
Honored Contributor

This is the default for the printer. Without any options, nothing is sent to the printer other than the print job. You need to modify the actual printer script to override the defaults. Start by printing a single page of options with:

lp -ddeanaslz1 -ooptions /etc/profile

That will give a simple summary of the options. Now use the -o options to get the printer to behave as desired. Now create another printer queue pointing to the same printer, but use addqueue; it's much faster and simpler:

addqueue -q deanaslz2 -h 12.34.56.78 -r off -t off -b off

Now edit the printer script deanaslz2 located in the /etc/lp/interface/model.orig directory. Search for the default settings and change the ones you'd like to have. Look at about line 1200 where you'll see this:

mediasrc="def"

and change it to the desired value. This becomes the new default for this printer's queue.

Bill Hassell, sysadmin