Simpler Navigation for Servers and Operating Systems
Completed: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We combined many of the older boards, so you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. Check the consolidated boards here as many sub-forums are now single boards.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mailx question

Tom Weinstock
Occasional Contributor

mailx question

Wow! Reading the forum pages here, I have learned quite a bit about sendmail and mailx. I now know how to send attachemnts using sendmail and mailx. Thanks to all who contributed to my new knowledge!

I do have a question that I couldn't find in the forum pages. What I am looking to do is take an HTML file and have it open in Outlook as a formatted page rather than as an attachment. I know that there is something that can be done with content headers and whatnot, but I am unsure how to proceed. Any help at all would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!
2 REPLIES
Mark Greene_1
Honored Contributor

Re: mailx question

There is an option in the preferences for Outlook to activate html. This is, however, a horribly insecure thing to do. Along with all of the other security holes in Outlook, you've now given the world the abiltiy to auto-run whatever they want through your e-mail via html.

Caveat Emptor, and all that.

mark
the future will be a lot like now, only later
Tom Weinstock
Occasional Contributor

Re: mailx question

Thanks for the quick reply Mark. Much appreciated. Outlook is already opening messages in Web format, so we're good to go there. When I try to mailx an HTML file to myself, all I receive is the source code as the body. I have managed to send the HTML file as an attachment, but I am now looking to take it to the next level.