Simpler Navigation coming for Servers and Operating Systems
Coming soon: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We will combine many of the older boards, and you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. If you are looking for an older board and do not find it, check the consolidated boards, as the posts are still there.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

make_net_recovery/cron

SOLVED
Go to solution
Nobody's Hero
Valued Contributor

make_net_recovery/cron

Trying to run make command via cron. First make runs fine, whe nattempting to start the next I get an error message saying that a make_net is already running. Can you on;y run one make at a time via cron?

Here are my entries in cron.

16 07 * * 5 /opt/ignite/bin/make_net_recovery -s ihshp1 -x inc_entire=vg00
16 07 * * 5 /opt/ignite/bin/make_net_recovery -s ihshp2 -x inc_entire=vg00
16 07 * * 5 /opt/ignite/bin/make_net_recovery -s ihshp3 -x inc_entire=vg00
16 07 * * 5 /opt/ignite/bin/make_net_recovery -s ihshp4 -x inc_entire=vg00
16 07 * * 5 /opt/ignite/bin/make_net_recovery -s ihshp5 -x inc_entire=vg00
UNIX IS GOOD
4 REPLIES
Patrick Wallek
Honored Contributor

Re: make_net_recovery/cron

What is it you are trying to accomplish?

With these cron entries you are saying that you want to create a make_net_recovery archive of the CURRENT system (the system with these cron entries) and store it on ihshp1, ihshp2, ihshp3, ihshp4 and ihshp5 so that you will have 5 copies of this system on different servers.

Note that the '-s server_name' option does NOT tell ignite which server to run the make_net_recovery on.
If you want to do a make_net_recovery of the servers ihshp[1-5] and STORE them on the CURRENT server then you need to add a cron entry to each of ihshp[1-5] and do something like:

# crontab -l <---- run from ihshp1 (or 2, 3,4, 5)

16 07 * * 5 /opt/ignite/bin/make_net_recovery -s ignite_server_name -s inc_entire=vg00
Nobody's Hero
Valued Contributor

Thanks Patrick,
Yes, My ignite server is HP4, that is where I have the cron entries. So I guess I need to execute the make_net_recovery from the client side? Not the server side?
UNIX IS GOOD
Patrick Wallek
Honored Contributor
Solution

Robert,

Yes that is correct! The command you are using above need to be run from the client and specify the Ignite SERVER with the '-s' option.

Robert-Jan Goossens
Honored Contributor

Yes,

you have to execute the make_net_recovery from the client side.

client ihshp1

16 07 * * 5 /opt/ignite/bin/make_net_recovery -s hp4 -x inc_entire=vg00

Robert-Jan.