Simpler Navigation for Servers and Operating Systems - Please Update Your Bookmarks
Completed: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We combined many of the older boards, so you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. Check the consolidated boards here as many sub-forums are now single boards.
If you have bookmarked forums or discussion boards in Servers and Operating Systems, we suggest you check and update them as needed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

make_net_recovery

Dave Bunting
Frequent Advisor

make_net_recovery

Hi,
is ignite-ux 'class' transparent?
what i mean to say is, if i created an ignite server, can i install HP-UX on different machine classes from my ignite server?

Thanks
3 REPLIES
Alan Casey
Trusted Contributor

Re: make_net_recovery

I believe it is.

The only restriction I can find is that clients and server must be on the same subnet.

Sanjay_6
Honored Contributor

Hi,

This question was posted twice and the other thread has already been closed by the author.

http://forums.itrc.hp.com/cm/QuestionAnswer/1,,0x6613cb60e503d6118ff40090279cd0f9,00.html

Thanks
Wodisch
Honored Contributor

Hello,

yes, you can install different classes of machines form one Ignite/UX server AND you can even install different HP-UX versions from one server:
One HP-UX11 station can be install-server for HP-UX10.20 AND 11.x for all classes which can boot over the LAN card!

HTH,
Wodisch