Simpler Navigation for Servers and Operating Systems - Please Update Your Bookmarks
Completed: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We combined many of the older boards, so you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. Check the consolidated boards here as many sub-forums are now single boards.
If you have bookmarked forums or discussion boards in Servers and Operating Systems, we suggest you check and update them as needed.
General
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

make_recovery of non root file system

Manju Kampli
Trusted Contributor

make_recovery of non root file system

I have /var/opt/omni outside the /dev/vg00 volume group. I want to include this in my make_recovery backup. I understand that, by updating /var/opt/ignite/recovery/makrec.append file this can be backedup. I want to know, while restoring, will it prompt for selecting the disk for creating Volume group and logical volume for /var/opt/omni file system. where will this file system will get restored ??

Thanks in advance.

Never stop "LEARNING"
3 REPLIES
Antoanetta Naghiu
Esteemed Contributor

Re: make_recovery of non root file system

In the same location where they've got backed up from. You'll get the same image of the system.
James R. Ferguson
Acclaimed Contributor

Manju:

If you haven't already, check out www.software.hp.com/products/IUX/index.html

This contains a wealth of INGITE documentation, etc.

...JRF...
Rick Garland
Honored Contributor

The -A option to the make_recovery will get all of vg00

You can check out the files being put onto the make_recovery tape through the file /var/opt/ignite/recovery/arch.include and add files through the /var/opt/ignite/recovery/makerec.append