Simpler Navigation for Servers and Operating Systems - Please Update Your Bookmarks
Completed: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We combined many of the older boards, so you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. Check the consolidated boards here as many sub-forums are now single boards.
If you have bookmarked forums or discussion boards in Servers and Operating Systems, we suggest you check and update them as needed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

memory window patches for 11.0

SOLVED
Go to solution
Eileen Millen
Trusted Contributor

memory window patches for 11.0

We have a K570 development system with several Oracle instances.
Our DBA found some information about using Memory Windows. It states that for HP-UX 11.0
you need PHKL_17091 and PHCO_16795.
We have PHCO_16795, but not the other one.
Also, we must ask our HP rep for an additional patch which fixes the getmemwindow script.
Does anyone know which patch that is?
Thanks Eileen

5 REPLIES
Santosh Nair_1
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: memory window patches for 11.0

PHKL_17091 is superseeded by PHKL_18543 PM/VM/UFS/async/scsi/io/DMAPI/p2p_bcopy/MPI

PHCO_16795 (11.00 memory windows cumulative patch) requires PHKL_18543, so if you already have this patch installed, then you probably also have PHKL_18543 installed and thus all the patches that you need.

PHCO_16795 is superseeded by PHCO_23705...this is the latest patch that addresses getmemwindow.

So just install this patch (you should already have all the dependencies).

Hope this helps.

-Santosh

Life is what's happening while you're busy making other plans
linuxfan
Honored Contributor

Hi Eileen,

Patch PHCO_23705 (memory windows cumulative patch) supersedes PHCO_16795

PHKL_18543 (PM/VM/UFS/async/scsi/io/DMAPI/JFS/perf patch) supersedes PHKL_17091 (this is a MEGA-patch and a lot of 11.0 patches have a dependency for this patch)

HP Doc KBAN00000306 talks about using memory windows. I am attaching it for your reference.

-HTH
Ramesh
They think they know but don't. At least I know I don't know - Socrates
Eileen Millen
Trusted Contributor

Thanks for the quick response and excellent information. You have saved me a lot of time.
The forums are great.

Eileen
Wodisch
Honored Contributor

Hi,

nobody needs to use the "getmemwindow" script, as it is just a kind of combination of "grep" and "cut"...

Just my $0.0002,
Wodisch
Eileen Millen
Trusted Contributor

Wodish:
It looks like the Oracle startup runs getmemwindow.
Eileen