Operating System - HP-UX
1753872 Members
7372 Online
108809 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

midaemon is taking too much CPU resource!!!!!!!!!

Sandip Ghosh
Honored Contributor

midaemon is taking too much CPU resource!!!!!!!!!

OS - HP-UX 10.20
Server - K460 with 2 cpu and 1.75GB Ram

I am running glance in the char mode. Today I found that the midaemon process is taking too much resource on the server. It is continuously taking 10% form one CPU and 5% from the other. Otherdays it takes around 2-4%. Is there anything wrong? What should I look for?

Thanks,
Sandip
Good Luck!!!
7 REPLIES 7
Daimian Woznick
Trusted Contributor

Re: midaemon is taking too much CPU resource!!!!!!!!!

I have seen the CPU usage of the midaemon go up when multiple users are using glance. Have you checked to see how many users are using the glance.
Sandip Ghosh
Honored Contributor

I am the only users using glance.

Thanks,
Good Luck!!!
Luc Bussieres_1
Trusted Contributor

Sandip,

Depending on the release of STM that you are running, there was some known problem with the midaemon.

I don't recall which one exactly but I think that you need at least the December 2001 release to solve that issue.

Regards

Luc
Martin Johnson
Honored Contributor

What version of glance are you runnning. If it is not the latest, upgrade to the latest. If you have Measureware, remember that MWA and glance neeed to be at the same version level.

HTH
Marty
Sandip Ghosh
Honored Contributor

My version is of glance is B3692A GlancePlus C.02.10.

We are not using mwa.

We are having the latest version of STM A29.00

Sandip
Good Luck!!!
Martin Johnson
Honored Contributor

Your version in ancient! They don't have the manuals for C.02.10 online anymore. The latest version of glance for HPUX is C.03.58.

HTH
Marty
Bill Hassell
Honored Contributor

As mentioned, your version of Glance is very badly out of date. midaemon will be updated with the new version of Glance. Find the latest Glance on your Application CDROMs. For the obsolete 10.20 system, it will be on the App discs from Dec 2001.

Glance (and especially midaemon) must be updated every time you patch your systems. The reason is that midaemon is very tightly coupled to kernel changes and libraries. Thus, old versions of midaemon/Glance will have big problems, everything from excessive CPU to midaemon crashes.

Bill Hassell, sysadmin