Operating System - Linux
1752701 Members
5773 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

migrate from hp-ux to linux

Kristallia

migrate from hp-ux to linux

I have a new assignment where I would need to migrate all apps from HP-UX to Linux. Can someone give me a project outline and some guidance on how to proceed with this?
5 REPLIES 5
Ivan Ferreira
Honored Contributor

Re: migrate from hp-ux to linux

WOW! You don't have an easy task. What kind of applications? What is your role in the migration? System administrator? Software programmer? Project Manager?
Por que hacerlo dificil si es posible hacerlo facil? - Why do it the hard way, when you can do it the easy way?
Kristallia

Unix transition manager would be my role. I guess it would entail all the above.
skt_skt
Honored Contributor

Give us an idea about what/how it is currently there in HP-UX.

OS
APPLICATION
databases
SAN
SPOF/cluster
Hardware.
Existing data voulme

This role includes a great deal of documenation skills about what i mentined above plus the role back plan.Also make sure that you have all the products cetrtified by the its own vendor.Also ask for DEMO/reports of similar/same implementation.

TESTING phase
implenation
User accepatance test
go live
Kristallia

Thank you for the initial info. I don't know much about this environment yet. I am new in the role and will be starting on Aug 27th. I will let you know then when I have more info. what do you mean with having the products certified by their vendors?
skt_skt
Honored Contributor

Example,

due to some limitation migrating to unsupported verision ike HP-UX 11.00;RHEL 2.1; using an old version of driver for HBA(which communicate to SAN).etc..