4280 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: mysql 3.23.52 installation dependancy

Leigh Peterson
Occasional Advisor

mysql 3.23.52 installation dependancy

Hi All,

I apologise if this question has already been posted somewhere. I'm having some problems installing the mysql 3.23.52 depot. When I try to install it, I get the following warning:

'The software "mysql,r=3.23.52,a=HP-UX_B.11.00_700/800,v=" was
successfully marked, but it depends on the following software items
which could not be found in the source. However, these items may
already be in the target. This will be checked during the Analysis
Phase: gcc.gcc-SHLIBS guile.guile-SHLIBS'

Can someone please tell me what I have to install to meet these dependencies? I have already installed GNU gcc.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Regards,
Leigh
22 REPLIES 22
Chuck J
Valued Contributor

Leigh

Did you run the analysis? Sometimes i've found the software it required was already installed on the server by the OS install. If the analysis succeeds then you can go ahead and install your software without any problems.

Chuck J
Balaji N
Honored Contributor

Hi,
According to the HP unix porting archive, the only dependency for the mysql depot is the ncurses library. Do u have it installed?

Check out the link below.
http://hpux.connect.org.uk/hppd/hpux/Development/Languages/mysql-3.23.52/

Hope this helps.
-balaji
Its Always Important To Know, What People Think Of You. Then, Of Course, You Surprise Them By Giving More.
Clemens van Everdingen
Honored Contributor

Hi,

During the next step in installing mysql you will have to run the analysis phase.
Do you get any error or warning then ?
If you have installed gcc then there will be no problem at all during analysis and you will be able to succesfully install mysql.

C.
The computer is a great invention, there are as many mistakes as ever, but they are nobody's fault !
Leigh Peterson
Occasional Advisor

Hi All,

Thanks for your prompt responces. To answer some of your questions, yes I still get the error warnings when I go to the analysis stage of the install. I have attached the analysis log that was produced by swinstall. Again, any pointers would be much appreciated.

Regards,
Leigh
Clemens van Everdingen
Honored Contributor

Hi,

Could you check this:

swlist -l fileset|grep -i gcc

Please post the output.

C.
The computer is a great invention, there are as many mistakes as ever, but they are nobody's fault !
Leigh Peterson
Occasional Advisor

Hi Clemens,

The output to that command is:

root@[/home/leigh]swlist -l fileset|grep -i gcc
# gcc 3.0.4 gcc
gcc.gcc-INC
gcc.gcc-MAN
gcc.gcc-RUN

Am I correct in assuming that the shared library component of gcc has not been installed or was not part of the depot that I installed? I did the same command and grepped for "guile" and it seems that it's not installed on the system. If I install the guile depot from http://hpux.connect.org.uk/hppd/hpux/Gnu/guile-1.4/, am I likely to find that it also will not install the SHLIBS component?

Regards,
Leigh
Clemens van Everdingen
Honored Contributor

Hi,

Indeed it looks like the SHLIBS are not installed.

By the way I would try to install this version.

http://hpux.connect.org.uk/hppd/hpux/Gnu/gcc-3.1/

Also install guile from the previous link.

C.
Leigh Peterson
Occasional Advisor

Well,

That solved half my problem - the gcc3.1 depot included the gcc.gcc-SHLIBS package. However, the guile-1.4 depot did not contain the guile.guile-SHLIBS package and mysql still fails to install. Any idea where I can get another guile depot?

Regards,
Leigh
Clemens van Everdingen
Honored Contributor

Hi,

I could not find any hp-ux depot !
See here for the sources:

http://www.gnu.org/software/guile/guile.html

maybe you wil be able to compile them on your system.

C.