Hi

This is probably tuning

Go to

www.hp.com/go/java

Then

1)get and run HPJconfig
2)Make sure you have the patches installed
documented for your software.
If it is oldenough get a new java version.

3)get and run HPJmeter while you test

Steve Steel
If you want truly to understand something, try to change it. (Kurt Lewin)
James Beamish-White
Trusted Contributor

Re: native_th process consuming a lot of memory

This is actually the java process... the native_th bit is cut off from the path.

If you can figure out what it is and you don't need it, just kill it (kill ), but I'd look to see what it is first.

Cheers,
James
GARDENOFEDEN> create light
Stefan Farrelly
Honored Contributor
Solution

These native_thr (native_thread) proceses are part of Java. I wouldnt kill it unless youre sure your application is shutdown and it is a runaway or else you could halt your running application!

On our servers these native_thr processes use lots of memory, from 16-37 Megabytes. If yours are using a similar amount then thats normal. Only if theyre using considerable more and your sure theyre runaways should you kill them but try shuttding your application the correct way first.
Im from Palmerston North, New Zealand, but somehow ended up in London...
Erik Tong
Advisor

This process is the SanManager Hostagent (as is evident by the directory path). If it is stopped the the SanManager Management Server will be unable to get information from this host.

You should check with your system/storage administrator before removing it to avoid any confusion.

If you still want to stop this process, the best thing to do is to uninstall the hostagent. Use the SanManager Management Server to unistall.

If you have problems, you can try a manual unistall of the package "SanMgrHA" using swremove.

If that fails, check the /etc/inittab for an entry that is restarting this process (HA_trigger?). This should be a last resort, as there are other SanManager components that are started as well, and removing just one may cause error messages and events.

Again, you should check with your system/storage administrator before doing this.