Operating System - HP-UX
1753972 Members
8267 Online
108811 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

need installation media for 11i v2 (11.23)

SOLVED
Go to solution
John Kittel
Trusted Contributor

need installation media for 11i v2 (11.23)

I need to install HP-UX 11i V2 (11.23). Have never done this before. Server is currently running V1. I have been to software update manager web page, searched on my support agreements, and found and requested something called "Svrs Fndn OE Media... HP-UX Support Pack 11i V2", - because it is the only thing listed that has anything to do with 11i V2 OS.

However, I also see "Operating System Media ... HP-UX 11i V1 OE Update Release", and "FOE Media ... HP-UX 11i v3 OE Update Release".

So it seems that for 11I V2 I can only get "Support Pack", but for 11i V1 and 11i V3 I cannot get "Support Pack", I can only get "Update Release".

What is the difference? Why would V2 only have Support Pack but not Update release, while V1 and V3 only have Update Release but not Support Pack?

I have ordered V2 Support Pack. Will it be sufficient to install V2? Or do I need to find a way to order Update Release or order something else entirely?

Thanks for help.
4 REPLIES 4
Rita C Workman
Honored Contributor

Re: need installation media for 11i v2 (11.23)

I've noticed similar annoyances when I go into SUM lately myself.

If you have support contracts in place, then I have found it best to contact your HP Account person and discuss the problem with them. Possibly they can get something for you.

Just a thought,
Rita
P Muralidhar Kini
Honored Contributor

Hi John,

I would suggest you to get in touch with the local HP customer support for
further assitance. They should be able to guide you and get your problem
resolved.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Murali
Let There Be Rock - AC/DC
S. Ney
Trusted Contributor
Solution

The support pack won't be enough to install v2. In software update manager when requesting physical media under Operating System and Operating Environment Releases there should be a listing for update release 11.23 (my most recent release for 11.23 is from 2008) You'd have to patch with support packs/bundles from there. Software update manager has been lacking lately. As the other posters have indicated I'd contact HP support and ask to have the physical media shipped.

V2 the support packs are updated because HP isn't issuing any new releases for 11.23 (if I recall correctly) whereas with V3 HP is regularly releasing update releases.
Suraj K Sankari
Honored Contributor

HI,
The best way is to contact you local HP support.

suraj