108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

new HJT log re: norton topic

SOLVED
Go to solution
Joe van Raamt
Super Advisor

new HJT log re: norton topic

Since I still seem to have some odd events happening like the windows I.E needing a restart because program is not responding, could someone please look at this newly generated HJT log? thanks
c'est la guerre
6 REPLIES 6
Ronald Postma
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: new HJT log re: norton topic

Hi Joe,
I do not see anything strange in your log, you can let HJT fix all the entries with "no_name" in it, that are already repaired entries by other spybot tools, it cleans up your log en register.

What version of IE are you running and under what OS?

Regards, Ronald
The logic of Microsoft: "Press START to shut down the pc"
ed k.
Honored Contributor

Hi Joe, based on the log file you running Win XP SP2 and IE 7... The conflict that I could suspect/see between ZoneAlarm and Symantec security software... Similar problems I fixed on my PC when disabled one of them: ZA or Symantec... So it is your choice. On my PC I am currently running ZA v.7 with anti-virus + anti-spyware and completely removed Symantec...
Regards :-) Ed K.
"If you see a house, you're convinced that there is a builder. If you see a garment, you're convinced that there is a tailor. If you see a universe, you are convinced that Someone created it." (R. Akiva)
Joe van Raamt
Super Advisor

Hi Ronald I have IE 7 windows XP home SP2
======================================
Hi Ed, I have all the symantec software removed NSW 2007 and PFW 2007, (200 days left on the subscription)but I still have this problem with the IE 7, I go to use IE 7 to a web site forum, then after sitting there for a while I use Netscape for my mail.When I get an attachment like PPS, it opens in IE. There is the point when oftentimes I get the message IE windows program is not reponding. I get it only to work again with a restart.
This does not happen every time. That is why I thought a had a problem with virus/spyware despite showing clear after the scans.
Presently I have the free AVG, spybot and ad-aware. Should I get more protection like a fire wall etc.?
c'est la guerre
Ronald Postma
Honored Contributor

Hi again,
What may help is to repair IE, go to add/remove programs in controll panal and select IE7 in the list (May take a little while to built the list)
When selected click on the change/remove button, you can choose to repair if I'm correct, if that does not work, you can try to uninstall IE7 the same way. Then install it again from the MS site.

changes are that some spyware just destablelized your windows, the spyware is already removed, but the damage is done. I just hope the procedure above fixes it.

Regards, Ronald
The logic of Microsoft: "Press START to shut down the pc"
ed k.
Honored Contributor

Hi Joe, in case if you can not fix IE7, I would suggest/recommend you to remove it and get Mozilla Firefox web browser from: http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/ . Since I got it for the past 6 month never got any problems similar to IE6/7, and it is running faster too... Make sure you running all the time up to date anti-virus and anti-spyware on your PC...
Regards :-) Ed K.
"If you see a house, you're convinced that there is a builder. If you see a garment, you're convinced that there is a tailor. If you see a universe, you are convinced that Someone created it." (R. Akiva)
Joe van Raamt
Super Advisor

I will download the firefox browser.
Thanks to all who replied. This forum is very valuable for pc challenced people like me.
c'est la guerre