Operating System - Microsoft
1752805 Members
5474 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

notebook noisy fan and battery problem

Marjan Taseski

notebook noisy fan and battery problem

i have the st565 hp pavilion ze5200 notebook, it't too noisy and the battery does not helds more then 1 hour work. now the indicator for the battery status shows that the battery is full but when unplugge the ac power the battery works only 5 minutes and then the computer without any notification shuts down imidiately. what should I do
Thanks
1 REPLY 1
Hein van den Heuvel
Honored Contributor

Re: notebook noisy fan and battery problem

>> what should I do

repost the question in a hardware or windows forum? Or wait for a moderator to move it.

>> when unplugged the ac power the battery works only 5 minutes

That is 99% sure to be a near dead battery
Replacing is probaby the only option.
Sometimes 'deep cycling' (deplete, recharge, deplete, recharge brings them back to life, but you probably unintentially already did this.

>> ze5200 notebook, it't too noisy and the battery does not helds more then 1 hour work.

This would be chracteristic for a system that is 100% CPU busy. The CPU in laptop go into low power mode uner low use, with that they can run a low fan speed also.

What Operating System? Windoze (XP)?
Ah.. there's you problem :^).
After clean start and 2 minute wait go to the task manager. Hit the performance tab. Look at the CPU usage. It should be below 5%.
If it is 100% as i suspect, go to the 'process' tab and click on 'cpu' to sort by cpu usage. Which process is using it? Recognize it?

You may need a spyware/adware buster. You may need to check with tools like 'HijackThis' or 'startuplist', whether some parasite is activate whenever you star the system

Cheers,
Hein.