Operating System - Microsoft
1751977 Members
4608 Online
108784 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: nx6110 laptop monitor shuts off after bootup

Nathan_Reid

nx6110 laptop monitor shuts off after bootup

I have a nx6110 laptop, and the lcd monitor shuts off after the Windows XP loading screen, right before it goes to the welcome screen. The monitor works just fine in safe mode. I have hooked up external monitors to the laptop, and they work fine. By shut off, I mean the display goes to a grayish-black color (the way it looks when the laptop is turned off). Since it works in safe mode, I figured it was a driver issue... but I've uninstalled the drivers and install the latest from Intel, and that didn't help.
The laptop worked fine about a week ago, right before I had the power adapter replaced. I guess that could somehow have damaged it, but since it works in safe mode that doesn't make sense to me.

Any ideas?
4 REPLIES 4
Rich S
Honored Contributor

It does sound like the video driver.

Try rolling back that driver and see if it still has the same problem.

your PC homepage:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Home.jsp?〈=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=321957&prodSeriesId=449877〈=en&cc=us

your driver page:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/DriverDownload.jsp?prodNameId=449878〈=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=321957&prodSeriesId=449877&taskId=135

Rich

Say thanks with HP POINTS
MVV

1) Disable start up items or select normal start up in msconfig
2) check the driver files in safe mode - is there a duplication of the driver - if so delete one of them.
3) Try uninstalling the driver from safe mode and reboot.
4) update BIOS.
5) Try another adapter, or a system restore.
Mohammad Pasha

I have the exact same problem. I have found no resolution. I have performed a clean installation of Windows XP Pro w/SP2. Installed drivers and the exact same thing happens to my machine. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Drew Roberts
Valued Contributor

If you are losing display after the XP splash screen, this means you are losing display when it switches to higher resolution. Often this is a driver issue, but it could also be a failed LCD screen or video adapter.

Hook up an external monitor and see if it displays properly, if so, it's your screen, if not, it's the video adapter or driver.

Best of luck!