5984 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

ora_mrp0 process in Oracle 10g

Kaustubh Kane
Advisor

ora_mrp0 process in Oracle 10g

Hi All,
Our application has a Oracle 10g database where we have an Active and Physical Standby database.
We understand that there's an ora_mrp0 Managed Recovery Oracle background process that is used to apply redo information to the Physical Standby database.

When we see the list of Oracle background processes running we are not able to see the ora_mrp0 running on the Physical Standby database.

In the earlier version of our product we were using Oracle 9i. And we always use to see ora_mrp0 process running on the Standby side.

Has this changed in Oracle 10g? I mean does this process run intermittently or there is some other process in Oracle 10g which applies the redo information to physical standby database.

Waiting for your kind reply.

Thanks and regards,
Kaustubh Kane.
2 REPLIES 2
Yogeeraj_1
Honored Contributor

Re: ora_mrp0 process in Oracle 10g

hi Kaustubh,

I do not have a similar environment to verify. Can you run the following query and map the process id to the actual process at the OS level?

-- Query v$managed_standby to see the status of processes involved in the
-- configuration.

select process,status,client_process,sequence#,block#,active_agents,known_agents
from v$managed_standby;

revert
kind regards
yogeeraj
No person was ever honoured for what he received. Honour has been the reward for what he gave (clavin coolidge)
Yogeeraj_1
Honored Contributor

Re: ora_mrp0 process in Oracle 10g

hi Again

Also have a look at the following document concerning Oracle Database 10g Release 2 Data Guard Redo Transport & Network Best Practices:

http://www.oracle.com/technology/deploy/availability/pdf/MAA_WP_10gR2_DataGuardNetworkBestPractices.pdf

hope this helps!
kind regards
yogeeraj
No person was ever honoured for what he received. Honour has been the reward for what he gave (clavin coolidge)