Simpler Navigation for Servers and Operating Systems
Completed: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We combined many of the older boards, so you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. Check the consolidated boards here as many sub-forums are now single boards.
General
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

oracle 10g installation problem in hp-ux11.11

prog
Occasional Advisor

oracle 10g installation problem in hp-ux11.11

I have rp3440 with hp-ux11 v1 preinstalled i am now trying to install oracle database 10g (for database access purpose only, no development)
but during installation it says that following patch are not there :
PHSS_32508 , PHSS_32509 ,PHSS_32510, PHSS_32731.
These are the HP C Compiler bundle,
can i go ahead with the installation without updating above patches, because i tried to install these patches but it says no product available for update above patches.
I also tried to install Gcc compiler downloaded from hp website with the help of HP solution centre engg. but it gives error during installation (cannot access remote file /opt/gcc-hppa64-4.1.**/bin)HP solution centre engg also not able to help me further pls help ??
Thanks in Advance
3 REPLIES
Peter Godron
Honored Contributor

Re: oracle 10g installation problem in hp-ux11.11

Yogeeraj_1
Honored Contributor

hi,

You can ignore them if it is not for production. Otherwise, you may already be having new patches that supersede those required.

See also:
http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=1090017

kind regards
yogeeraj
No person was ever honoured for what he received. Honour has been the reward for what he gave (clavin coolidge)
prog
Occasional Advisor

ip Address was wrong mentioned in /etc/hosts file, after correcting I installed Gcc 4.1.1 & then Oracle 10g Successfully.

Thanks All for your support