4193 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: oracle 8.1.7 installation

Ruediger Noack
Valued Contributor

Hi,

I don't no the cause from your problem, but I have got a little idea.
Did you extract your tar.gz file as root? May be, there are a few s-bits in the install files.
I would try it in this kind.

Ruediger
nitin_7
Occasional Advisor

Hello,
I have downloaded and installed the linker patch PHSS_24303 but could not issue the command "relink all" (if that is what you meant Andreas) coz it gives mo "not found". But after I installed the patch PHSS_24303 it still gives me the same problem "Execution permission denied"
What do i do next?????
Craig Rants
Honored Contributor

There are some parts of an oracle installation that require root access. Some script I don't remember the name, I have have add to give my dba's root before for this install.

GL,
C
"In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But, in practice, there is. " Jan L.A. van de Snepscheut
nitin_7
Occasional Advisor

No I did not extract as root I extracted as user oracle who is member of group dba.
So what do I do next, any suggestions.
nitin_7
Occasional Advisor

I extracted the .tar.gz files using user "oracle:dba" but I have tried executing the svrmgrl using "root" whos is also part of dba but no luck I get the same exception both ways I ahve created a link in the /usr/bin/svrmgrl owner "oracle:dba" even then it gives me the same error.
Hummmmm
nitin_7
Occasional Advisor

After I install I am able to run $ORACLE_HOME/mkdb/mkdb.sh and $ORACLE_HOME/mkdb/lsnrconf.sh perfectly without any problems but then when I go to $ORACLE_HOME/bin and try to run svrmgrl bang "Execution permission denied".
nitin_7
Occasional Advisor

Just to verify "nitin" and "nmanoharan" are the same users I have just changed my profile.