New Discussion юеВ

Re: patch bundle 9905

SOLVED
Go to solution
Aftab Sadiq
Advisor

patch bundle 9905

Hi,
I need patch bundle 9905 , I would appreciate if someone could tell me the URL to download.

Thanks in advance.

Aftab Sadiq
17 REPLIES 17
melvyn burnard
Honored Contributor
Solution

to my knowledge these are not downloadable due to their sheer size.
you would need to requst the CD/tape form your local support office, or submit a request using your handle via the ITRC support pages for media to be sent to you.
My house is the bank's, my money the wife's, But my opinions belong to me, not HP!
James R. Ferguson
Acclaimed Contributor

Hi:

Go to the Maintenance/Support tab at the ITRC -> Software Downloads -> Individual Patches and select the patch to download.
You may find that the particular patch has been superceeded, but you'll achieve what you want.

...JRF...
Stefan Farrelly
Honored Contributor

James lists the correct method to download them above. You will need once of your servers linked to your support contract first though, I think. For that you will need its system handle and serial number. The size of them is around 80Mb so I advise you to try downloading them early in the morning before the net becomes busy - and you will need a decent internet connection. To request them on CD will take up to a week or so for them to arrive.
Im from Palmerston North, New Zealand, but somehow ended up in London...
Antoanetta Naghiu
Esteemed Contributor

9905 is part of the Installation CDROm released on May 99.
Check in your old stuff, you could have it! Also, it has been release as a Patch CD at the same time!
If you need a specific patch from there, look for it (see the above posts) or call HP and ask for a tape.
Good luck.
Aftab Sadiq
Advisor

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. Basically I am installing Oracle 8.1.6, and I need to installl certain patches for HP-UNIX(11.00) before Oracle installation. I search on ITRC but could not find patch bundle file for 9905 extension pack. When I searched under "individual patches" tab, then I got 5 patches but I am sure those are the required patches for 9905 ext. pack.
I have also got patch CD that came with system but I don't know how to find those patches ext. pack.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

Aftab Sadiq
Antoanetta Naghiu
Esteemed Contributor

OK. You need as minimal requirement that patch bundle. So, if you have something newer it is ok.
To identify the patch bundle that you have it installed, run:
swlist -l bundle , by the end of the output, you'll see the HP-UX EXtension Pack, Month, year. The 9905 is, as I said, May 1999. (it is called as revision B11.00.45).
So, if you have that one in your system it is ok.
To check the cdrom, just read the label. If said may 99 or later you should be ok.
Aftab Sadiq
Advisor

Hi
I ran "swlist -l bundle|grep -i extension" command but did find extension pack. I also ran "swlist -l product|grep -i extension" and got same result. I have got "HP-UX support Plus Diagnostics and Test patch bundles [June 2000]" CD and trying to find extension pack, no luck so far :(

Aftab Sadiq
Advisor

Hi
Sorry I missed "not" in my last post.
I ran "swlist -l bundle|grep -i extension" command but did not find extension pack. I also ran "swlist -l product|grep -i extension" and got same result. I have got "HP-UX support Plus Diagnostics and Test patch bundles [June 2000]" CD and trying to find extension pack, no luck so far :(

Antoanetta Naghiu
Esteemed Contributor

Unix is case sensitive. So it is a diference if you grep for Extension or extension if you do not use -v option.
The easiest way is to run swlist -l bundle . Do not grep for anything. There are not too many bundle, so you will see it.