108757 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: patches recalled from bundle

SOLVED
Go to solution
Ian Lochray
Respected Contributor

patches recalled from bundle

Our company's policy is to install the latest but one patch bundle i.e. now that the 12/2002 bundle is available we will install 09/2002. Before doing so, however, we would like to check to see if any of the patches that were part of the bundle have subsequently been withdrawn. Is there an easy way to obtain this information?
5 REPLIES 5
James R. Ferguson
Acclaimed Contributor
Solution

Hi:

A good practice, indeed. To find out what patches (if any) in the standard Support Plus bundles have warnings go to Maintenance and SUpport -> Patching (Standard Patch Bundles) -> View Support Plus Releases. By selecting the bundle you want you can see its contents and any warnings and/or suggestions for superceding patches.

Regards!

...JRF...
S.K. Chan
Honored Contributor

Depends on what you call "easy". To me easy would be to call HP to get the list. If you have to DIY, then one way is to go to itrc, in the bundle list of patches the "bad" or "recall" patches would be marked red. See this doc, it shows one example for Support Plus Patch Bundle.
DocID=HPUXKBRC00009068
http://www2.itrc.hp.com/service/cki/docDisplay.do?docLocale=en_US&docId=200000063248374
Bill Cahill

Hi, Point your browser to
ftp://ftp.itrc.hp.com/
there is a recalled_patches as
well as other dirs of interest
Martin Johnson
Honored Contributor

You can use the ITRC's Custom Patch Manager. It will recommend patches to install and tell you if you have installed any patches with warnings (they use to be "recalled" patches, but HP no longer recalls patches, just issues warnings.)

HTH
Marty
John Payne_2
Honored Contributor

...And the warnings do not always apply to everybody. (They are usually fairly specific once a warning hits the QPK bundle, like "When running NIS and Oracle and have 213 users logged in, such-and-such may happen"

I always have to look to see if the warning really applies to our environment or not...

Hope it helps

John
Spoon!!!!