Simpler Navigation for Servers and Operating Systems - Please Update Your Bookmarks
Completed: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We combined many of the older boards, so you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. Check the consolidated boards here as many sub-forums are now single boards.
If you have bookmarked forums or discussion boards in Servers and Operating Systems, we suggest you check and update them as needed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

patches

Teck Sim
Frequent Advisor

patches

Current database version:

Oracle7 Enterprise Edition
Oracle7 Server Release 7.3.4.4.0 - Production
With the parallel query and Spatial Data options
PL/SQL Release 2.3.4.4.0 - Production

HP-UX 10.20 9000/800

What are the patches I need to apply to my current database before I migrate the current HP-UX 10.20 to 11?

Thanks in advance.

4 REPLIES
Helen French
Honored Contributor

Re: patches

If you have Oracle metalink support, log in there and check for the following document. That will list you all patch information for you:

DOC ID - 43507.1
Life is a promise, fulfill it!
Helen French
Honored Contributor

This is the link, check and see if it works:

http://metalink.oracle.com/metalink/plsql/ml2_documents.showDocument?p_id=43507.1&p_database_id=NOT

Teck Sim
Frequent Advisor

It seems like DOC ID - 43507.1 is to apply patches to OS 10.20. I was looking for patches for Oracle7 database before I migrate the Oracle7 to HP-UX 11 platform. I believed without any up-to-date patches on the Oracle7 database, it will not work when migrate to HP-UX 11 from HP-UX 10.20.
Thanks.
Helen French
Honored Contributor

Again, Did you read the document ? This document lists all patch details about 7.X, 8.X and 9.X versions of Oracle in HP-UX 10.20 and 11.X platforms!