1753670 Members
5366 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

pfs mounting

Katasha Sylvain

pfs mounting

Hi,
I'm having problems using pfs mount. I'm trying to mount my oracle cd which is has Rockridge extensions. I have looked at some of the suggestions for previous postings and those don't seem to work for me. Below is the folling error I'm getting in the nohup.out file:

/usr/sbin/pfsd: /usr/sbin/pfsd: can't register pfsd.rpc with pfs_mountd.rpc: dfw
hp2: RPC: Program not registered
/usr/sbin/pfs_mountd: /usr/sbin/pfs_mountd: exec of pfs_mountd.rpc.rpc failed: N
o such file or directory
/usr/sbin/pfs_mountd: exec of pfs_mountd.rpc.rpc failed: No such file or directo
ry
/usr/sbin/pfs_mountd: /usr/sbin/pfs_mountd: pfs_mountd.rpc (pid = 1667) not resp
onding, retrying...
/usr/sbin/pfs_mountd: /usr/sbin/pfs_mountd: pfs_mountd.rpc (pid = 1667) not resp
onding, retrying...
onding, retrying...
onding, retrying...
onding, retrying...
onding, retrying...
onding, retrying...
onding, retrying...

Can someone please help me. I have to get oracle installed ASAP.

Thanks,
Katasha Sylvain
3 REPLIES 3
James A. Donovan
Honored Contributor

Re: pfs mounting

Make sure that you have patch PHCO_16438 installed. This patch fixed an incompatibility with some earlier patches which cause the same error.
Remember, wherever you go, there you are...
vince noto

You should get the latest pfs cummulative patch - phco_16438 or later,and ensure that root is a member of less than 8 groups. ( temporarily change this). You can try stopping and starting NFS , and make sure that rpc.lockd and rpc.statd are running.
Tom Danzig
Honored Contributor

Make sure you start /usr/sbin/pfs_mountd before /usr/sbin/pfsd.