1752790 Members
6500 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

please help help help!

leelam

please help help help!

hi, i bought a hp pavillion note book 2 months ago, and just yesterday, its acting up strangly, whenever i turn it on, my LCD remains off there is no hard disk activity, i dont know what happened all the sudden, and it hibrnated, it doesnt switch off, i mean that whenever i touch the mouse, it starts but the lcd stays off, and yup i tried switching it off, and it doesnt work too, plz help i have finals now, and i just wrote my essay on it, and i really need it,,, ANYBODY HELP!
2 REPLIES 2
Ronald Postma
Honored Contributor

Re: please help help help!

HI
So the laptops hibernates and never shuts down? maybe thats why you do not get any screen, it is stuck in hybernation.

Try the following, unplug the external power and remove the battery, leave the unit alone for 10 minutes or so and then plug in the external power. (not the battery) see if it works.
If it does disconnect external power, put in the battery and try again. If it does not work, the battery may be faulty and causes the powerproblem. if it does, it was just a hibernation crash.

Good luck and have a nice day,
HTH, Ronald
The logic of Microsoft: "Press START to shut down the pc"
Hein van den Heuvel
Honored Contributor

Re: please help help help!

An ice cold restart as suggested might be the thing to do, but before you do that, try a regular cold boot? Just hold down the power button for 5+ seconds and then press it again.

Maybe it is something as simple as the lid-switch being stuck?
Since you failed to identify which pavillion, we can not explain exactly where it it, but normally it is a tiny plastic pinhead in the top (left) of the base unit near the hinged extending a little towards the screen. depress it a few times with a small screwdriver or toothpick.

Can you try an external monitor?

hth,
Hein.