108806 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

prereq on fileset - missing patch??

SOLVED
Go to solution
Stephen Zukowski
Occasional Contributor

prereq on fileset - missing patch??

I am trying to install MQ Series and was "supposidly" given the correct patches to apply before installation. I successfully installed them (at least that's what it said), but I am still unable to get MQ to install. Has anyone seen messages like this before or know how to resolve/correct them in order to get this product installed?

The prerequisite "OS-Core.CORE KRN,r>=B.11.00" for fileset
"MQSERIES.MQM-BASE,r=B.11.510.00" cannot be successfully resolved.
The corequisite "OS-Core.CORE KRN,r>=B.11.00" for fileset
"MQSERIES.MQM-BASE,r=B.11.510.00" cannot be successfully resolved.
ERROR: The dependencies for fileset "MQSERIES.MQM-BASE,r=B.11.510.00"
cannot be resolved (see previous lines).
You must resolve the above dependencies before operating on this fileset or change the "enforce_dependencies" option to "false".
* The software "MQSERIES.MQM
BASE,r=B.11.510.00" has previous
analysis errors.
The corequisite "MQSERIES.MQM-BASE,r=B.11.510.00" for fileset
"MQSERIES.MQM-RUNTIME,r=B.11.510.00" cannot be successfully resolved.

thanks.
4 REPLIES 4
Alan Riggs
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: prereq on fileset - missing patch??

First question, are you on an 11.00 system?

The fileset which is not being resolved initially, which starts your cascade of errors, is the core HP-UX produt. (OS-Core --> minimumu runtime --> CORE_KRN).

If you have a running system then this fileset must be installed. (You can use swlist -l fileset -a state | grep CORE-KRN just to verify that fact.) Make sure the fileset is configured. If it is not, use swconfig "backslash"*.

My first guess, actually, is that you are running at an OS level other than 11.00 and were given the wrong binaries to install. If that is not the case, and swconfig does not resolve the issue, then you can always set enforce_dependencies=false and try to install that wat..

Note: make every effort to manually verify that you have all prerequisites installed before doing this. They are usually prerequisites for good reason.
Denver Osborn
Honored Contributor

It almost seems as though the version of MQ Series that you are attempting to install is for HP-UX 11.0 and you are not running HP-UX 11.0. Does "uname -r" return B.11.00?
Andy Monks
Honored Contributor

It could also be a 23/64bit thing. Maybe your trying to load a 64bit application onto a 32bit machine (getconf KERNEL_BITS) will show you if your running 32/64 bit.

It's also possible that the package definition for MX is checking things incorrectly.

Worth checking 'uname -a'. It should say hp-ux 11 (which I'm sure it does), but all it should say 9000/8xx (where xx could be almost anything)
Stephen Zukowski
Occasional Contributor

thanks to all that replied. enforce_dependencies=false did the trick!