1748127 Members
3822 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: printer initialisation/ postscript config in HP UX

Seshan
Advisor

printer initialisation/ postscript config in HP UX

I hav an HP 9000 on UX 11.11i which is connected to a N/W printer HP 4100N. I am trying to use Dazel O/p server for printing pdf files.. normal printing via lp command works.. this printer prints pdf thru windows too. This was a working setup, but after a OS problem which caused the NIC to be derecognised, and the solution which was to put in place misplaced rc3 scripts.. ( there were located in rc2.d ), this process has stopped working. Jet Direct is loaded,the output error from Dazel is PS Configuration error, job flushed.. any ideas?

3 REPLIES 3
John Flanagan
Regular Advisor

If Jet Direct is working properly you could try to recreate the printer. Also make sure the printer is set to accept a PS file.

Do non post script files print poperly?
Seshan
Advisor

I hav tested printing PS files as well as normal text files directly from the lp command... no problem... i think the problem lies between the PDF to PS conversion which Dazel does,,, and post that... any idea on the templates of Dazel?
Mary A Brodowski

I am having a similar issue with Dazel and the printer. I have a large PDF doc that will not print via Dazel. Did you ever resolve your issue.