1753863 Members
7373 Online
108809 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

printer queues after hp-ux 11.0 upgrade

SOLVED
Go to solution

printer queues after hp-ux 11.0 upgrade

After upgrading to HP-UX 11.0 (cold install)from 10.20, the printer queues that are connected to JetDirects does not work anymore. I installed the new HPPI software. I SAVE and RESTORE the printer queues from SAM and also on the command line. The other non-JetDirect printer queues work OK. I deleted the printer queue connected to JetDirect using hppi and re-added it & it works fine. But there's gotta be an easier way other than to remove all the printer queues and re-add them just because they're connected to JetDirect.
4 REPLIES 4
A. Clay Stephenson
Acclaimed Contributor
Solution

Re: printer queues after hp-ux 11.0 upgrade

Mi Micheal:

The fundamental problem is that commands in your saved interface files point to the wrong directories or the commands have changed due to new, 'improved' and generally disliked software. The good news is that you can still get the old, 'unimproved' and generally liked JetDirect software and then you printers transfer as expected.

ftp to ftp.hp.com (anonymous login)
cd /pub/networking/software
binary
get HP11d621.SD (the 1020 version is still there as well).

I would download this as quickly as possible; you never know when it will disappear.

Regards, Clay
If it ain't broke, I can fix that.

To A. Clay Stephenson: Thanx for the reply. Does this mean i have to install the old version of JetDirect? or at least the same version as before, right?? I have no porblem with that.
A. Clay Stephenson
Acclaimed Contributor

Hi:

You bet. Simply install this version of JetDirect and that should fix you. So far I have found no one who likes the new improved JetDirect replacement.

If it ain't broke, I can fix that.
Sanjay_6
Honored Contributor

Hi Michael,

Go ahead and install the old veriosn of jetdirect after downloading it from the site mentioned by Clay. There is nothing like the old version.

Thanks to clay to guide another lost soul to the good old Jetadmin.

Thanks