1748153 Members
3480 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

problem msa 1000

dex-mase
Advisor

problem msa 1000

After an upgrade of a cluster with 2 dl 380 g3 and a msa 1000 when i install mpio i rec eive an error about the instllation on the array controller 5i.
the results:i can see 3 luns correcltly and 3 luns (the same ) unitialized.
when i run disk managment i receive a messagge about the 3 luns unitialized.
If i try to initialize its, i can't do it
could someone help me?
p.s. i have already installed the last support pack 7.51 and updated the fw of the msa to 4,48 and i use the mpio vers. 2.0
thanks gigi
7 REPLIES 7
Patrick Terlisten
Honored Contributor

Re: problem msa 1000

Hello,

the three unitialized LUNs are your already connected LUNs, but seen over the seconds path / controller. It seems that you MPIO setup doesn├В┬┤t working.

Regards,
Patrick
Best regards,
Patrick
dex-mase
Advisor

Thanks for your answer.
I think that your right about my problem.
But when i try to install MPIO i receive a message about the upgrade of my array controller 5i.
It seems trying to install MPIO on the array controller on board and not to HBA.
If i confirm it in the scsi device i can see the mpio device but evethinks doesn't perform correctly.
gigi
Patrick Terlisten
Honored Contributor

Hello gigi,

try to uninstall MPIO completely and reboot your server. Then try to install MPIO again. Please don't use MPIO v2.0, cause this is for EVA only. Use MPIO v1.20 (HP MPIO Basic DSM (Device Specific Module) for Windows for MSA1000/MSA1500 Active-Passive Disk Arrays). You can download it under the following URL:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareIndex.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodNameId=421495&prodTypeId=18964&prodSeriesId=421492&swLang=13&taskId=135&swEnvOID=1005

Regards,
Patrick
Best regards,
Patrick
dex-mase
Advisor

Hi Patrick.
I've already tryed to uninstall mpio reboot server and use the mpio version 1.2 but i can't see any results.
i have the same problems with both nodes
I don't understand why mpio tryes to install over on-board array controller.
I've already installed other msa 1000 without this problems.
thanks gigi
Patrick Terlisten
Honored Contributor

Hi gigi,

what HBAs are you using? Windows 2000 Advanced Server or did you use Windows Server 2003 Enterprise? Did you upgrade the HBAs drivers?

Regards,
Patrick
Best regards,
Patrick
dex-mase
Advisor

Hi Patrick
I'm using w2k3 enterprise, hba emulex lp950 and I've already upgraded the hba's drivers with psp 7.51 and their fw

gigi
Patrick Terlisten
Honored Contributor

Hello,

maybe another forum member have an idea... Did you meet the requirements according to the MPIO readme, especially the needed version of the storport driver?

Regards,
Patrick
Best regards,
Patrick