108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

question regarding wiki-ux.info

SOLVED
Go to solution
Viktor Balogh
Honored Contributor

question regarding wiki-ux.info

Anybody knows how to get access to the site wiki-ux.info ?
Who is the owner? How could I register myself?
Any info is appreciable.
Unix operates with beer.
7 REPLIES 7
Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

Re: question regarding wiki-ux.info

Bill Hassell
Honored Contributor

I think the problem is that there is no way to login unless you previously had a login. The pages and links give no clue as to how to register.

Bill Hassell, sysadmin
Mel Burslan
Honored Contributor

A far cry but send an email to wiki-ux.info@domainsbyproxy.com

Looks like this dude/dudette, grabbbed one of those $1.00 domains from GoDaddy promotions last year (if you personally know Danica Patrick, you can convince her to give the information to you :) and paid for the privacy option. I strongly dislike websites which hold all the content under lock and key, with the key thrown into the ocean. More than likely, there is nothing valuable to see in that place. Or the owner keeps all the information for himself/herself and a small group of people.

My 2 cents
Solution

Actually, this was a rather well-formatted and accurate site with useful information from an RCE working in Costa Rica. It was particularly useful as it documented the Wiki formatting along with the HP-UX tips and techniques. It's been around for a while, but just private...my guess is that someone forgot to include the signup link, or more sinister, this secret information now requires a special support contract.

Bill Hassell, sysadmin
Viktor Balogh
Honored Contributor

> this was a rather well-formatted and accurate site with useful information from an RCE working in Costa Rica.

I know who the owner of the site is, already sent him a message trough linkedin, but he doesn't answer. I thought maybe you can help me to get an account. Although he don't work at HP now, but he has a former colleague who also wrote some article at that site, and he works still at HP.

Unix operates with beer.
Viktor Balogh
Honored Contributor

> my guess is that someone forgot to include the signup link, or more sinister, this secret information now requires a special support contract.

With some trick I can browse the content on that site, and it doesn't seem to me that it would contain secret information.
Unix operates with beer.
Viktor Balogh
Honored Contributor

I finally got a reply to my linkedin message and was presented with an access.
Unix operates with beer.