1753954 Members
7564 Online
108811 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: "u1 bios" show on hp pavilion ze4115

y2ka
Occasional Advisor

this is a notebook. I dont know how to take out the video card. But I did remove out the hard driver.network card...
Is there anyone can tell me how can I reset the bios? is there any jumper same as pc motherboard? do I have to change the whole motherboard?
Norman_21
Honored Contributor

Hi,

Depending on your OS, go here in the following link and download the BIOS.
flash your bios and you should be able to get in.
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?product=214338тМй=en&cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en&

Hope this help
"Attitudes are contagious, is yours worth catching"/ My first point was given by SEP on January 31, 2003
y2ka
Occasional Advisor

Thanks for your help.
I download the bios. it make a bootable floppy. but the system would not read my floppy. whenever turn on it still frozen with "u1 bios"
Norman_21
Honored Contributor

I download the bios. it make a bootable floppy. but the system would not read my floppy. whenever turn on it still frozen with "u1 bios"

I didn't understand, have you been able to boot off the floppy disk, if the BIOS download file is a Zip file then you need to extract the file to A:\ but you need to copy the system files to A:\ prior to extracting the BIOS file.

Go to any Win98 computer and then Start>Run>type command and hit Enter, Insert the floppy disk that contains the BIOS download file and then at the command prompt type:

sys c: a:

It'll transfer system files and floppy disk will be bootable! However, if it didn't work then the only way will be to clear the CMOS, you might need to call HP or chat live with HP support since this is a Notebook!

Hope this help and consider assigning points for people who invest their time helping you!

"Attitudes are contagious, is yours worth catching"/ My first point was given by SEP on January 31, 2003
Jim Kisco
Trusted Contributor

Go to www.bootdisk.com to make a Win98 bootdisk...........

OK a Notebook, can you find out if a CMOS battery on the motherboard controls the BOIS.

That's pull that battery out of the motherboard for a day and put it back in, turn on - see what happens.

Regards,
Jim