New Discussion юеВ

Re: raid card problem

SOLVED
Go to solution
Rustam Aliyev_1
Advisor

raid card problem

Hi,

we have rp54xx with Raid 4si card installed.

I had configured 2 logical raid5 volumes using irm, created file system and mounted. everything was ok.

after restart (shutdown -r now) system stoped recognizing raid card. irdisplay says that there's no internal RAID card.

but form SAM > Peripheral Devices > Cards I can see Raid 4si card installed.

I'm not familar with HP-UX hardware/software, so how can I debug this problem? any suggestions?

thanks in advance.
5 REPLIES 5
G. Vrijhoeven
Honored Contributor

Hi,

Can you post the outupt of:

# ioscan -fnk

Regards,

Gideon
Rustam Aliyev_1
Advisor

ioscan result is attached.

thanks!
Slawomir Gora
Honored Contributor

In ioscan output there is no information
about raid card.
In my opinion it is hardware problem.
Perhaps something will be in
/var/adm/syslog/syslog.log
or dmesg command.

Ps,
you must add stape kernel driver to see Ultrium-1 drive.
Bharat Katkar
Honored Contributor

I doubt either your card has blown up or could be some loose contact. Try reinstalling the Hardware (Raid Card) and take one chance to see if it is recognized.
Also you go thr' "stm" support tool manager to see any error messages or alerts are there.

Good luck
You need to know a lot to actually know how little you know
Ron Lawson_1
Trusted Contributor
Solution

The iop_drv line in the ioscan shows that the RAID card is installed correctly. The card not being recognized is usually due to some problem on the SCSI side. You might try removing both of the SCSI cables and rebooting to see if the bs_osm line shows up in ioscan. If so, you probably have something going wrong on the SCSI bus.

Don't forget that each channel must be on a separate SCSI bus -- you cannot have a loop, because each channel uses SCSI ID 7.