Operating System - Microsoft
1748183 Members
3608 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: rainbow colors on edges of screen

haverlyk

rainbow colors on edges of screen

I just bought a presario, and the FS7600 monitor has a green fade from normal display on the right, and a fade to red or maroon on the left. Any thoughts regarding this? Switched the monitors, and the other one worked. Should I have this monitor replaced?
5 REPLIES 5
syedzubairali
Frequent Advisor

Hi haverlyk

First of all check the monitor setting from front buttons. Set the diplay setting to default or reset to factory setting and try to use anti-magnatic too from the same front button menu.

And to make sure its not a windows problem start ur system in bios.

Feel free to reply the result.
Edward Millership
Frequent Advisor

The answers in your question, if your old monitor works fine the new one is faulty. I am sure you are connecting it properley otherwise your old one would not work either.

HTH

Eddie
If it a'nt broke don't fix it
Alan_152
Honored Contributor

Are there any large magnets near your monitor?
haverlyk

Thanks. The old monitor does work fine, so I'm leaning more towards the new monitor being faulty. I've played around over and over with all monitor settings, reinstalled monitor and display drivers, etc. , but nothing has even come close to adjusting the problem. I'll take the monitor back.
Alan_152
Honored Contributor

The reason I mention the mags is that if the degaussing coils on the new monitor aren't up to snuff, a nearby magnet will cause the issues you've described. I discovered this because my 3yo son took to putting magnets next to my old monitor whose degausse button quit working.

I'm sorry I didn't mention that in my previous post -- but my boss decided to yell at me just then.

If the degausse function on the monitor doesn't/won't fix the job, you might try running a magnet along the area of the bad color. One pole will make it worse, and the other will make it different/better.