1752670 Members
5855 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

remote copy thru DWDM link

Srinikalyan
Regular Advisor

remote copy thru DWDM link

We have a dedicated Gbit DWDM link between the sites for DR. We are using this network for CA/XP and dataguard replication purpose. Is it possible to ftp or remote copy the file from one system to another through this DWDM network link by any means?
HP-UX 11iV2

Thanks,
Srini
3 REPLIES 3
Armin Kunaschik
Esteemed Contributor

Re: remote copy thru DWDM link

If this link is used for CA then it's probably a FC link and not directly connected to your HP-UX box. It depends on your network hardware whether or not you can use this link (or another mode/wire) for ethernet too.
I'd not recommend using the same link just to not disturb or disrupt the CA connection.
Please talk to your network guys and ask them for assistance.

My 2 cents,
Armin

PS: Assign points if you find answers useful!
And now for something completely different...
Srinikalyan
Regular Advisor

Thanks Armin.
We have 2Gbit dedicated for CA/XP i.e. thru fibre and 2Gbit dedicated for Oracle dataguard(thru FCIP) which is directly connected to the HP-UX boxes. Any clue on this scenario?
Armin Kunaschik
Esteemed Contributor

I never used FCIP on HP-UX.
But if you really use Fibrechannel over IP, then the interface has to have an IP address, and so does the remote host.
You need to find out the address of the remote host (ask your local network or oracle admin) and simply use it for the connection.
But also talk to your Oracle guys before using this link. Expect side effects with Dataguard if you saturate the link with your traffic!

My 2 cents,
Armin
And now for something completely different...