108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

remove "installed" patch

SOLVED
Go to solution
Victor_5
Trusted Contributor

remove "installed" patch

I am using 11.0 on N4000, I am installing PHSS_25787, but before that, I need to remove PHSS_23797 first, the swlist said that the status of PHSS_23797 is "installed".

I have tried swremove, but the PHSS_23797 not in the list; I also tried
swmodify -x patch_commit=true PHSS_23797
swconfig PHSS_23797
cleanup -s PHSS_23797
but failed to do so. Who can tell me how to remove PHSS_23797 with "installed" status? Thanks.
5 REPLIES 5
Patrick Wallek
Honored Contributor

Re: remove "installed" patch

Why do you want to remove PHSS_23797?

I have just read the patch information for PHSS_25787. PHSS_25787 supersedes PHSS_23797 and nowhere in the installation instruction does it require you to remove the old patch. Typically you don't want to do that anyway.

You install the new patch over the old one, and that way if you have to remove the new one, you go back to the previous patch level.
S.K. Chan
Honored Contributor

If the patch is installed (in an installed state), it means it is succesfully installed but not configured. If you run ..

# swconfig PHSS_23797

to complete any configuration process and later on use swremove to remove it,that should work.
Victor_5
Trusted Contributor

Thanks for your reply!

Patrick:

I run check_patches after the patch installation, since I don't want any error in the check_patches.report before the move the server to production environment, although the guide does not ask me to remove the old one.

You mentioned go to the previous level, how to do so?

SK:

I have tried swconfig, unfortunately, after I run that command, the status still is "installed", any idea?

S.K. Chan
Honored Contributor
Solution

I didn't realize you got it committed in swmodify, that could be the reason why you're having problem removing it. Take a look at this thread ..

http://forums.itrc.hp.com/cm/QuestionAnswer/1,,0x9dc0a2db8513d6118ff40090279cd0f9,00.html
Victor_5
Trusted Contributor

I fixed the problem, I use

swmodify -a state=configured fileset_name

I run swmodify one by one, after that, I run check_patches again, all of those errors gone!

Thanks all!

Shawn