108787 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

rename files

SOLVED
Go to solution
Joe van Raamt
Super Advisor

rename files

I have some files that for some reason can not be opened because of this line ~$en in front of the name of the file. When I try to rename the file, this comes up; if you change a file extension, the file might become unstable. I am not clear on how the file extension became this way from the normal one. See copy of one. and the next original one in following post.
c'est la guerre
3 REPLIES 3
Joe van Raamt
Super Advisor

Re: rename files

Here is the original file. However, I do not have copies of all the files with this strange extension and would like to know how the change from a normal MS word file to this happened
c'est la guerre
Ivan Ferreira
Honored Contributor
Solution

The files with ~$ are temporary files created by MS word. When you edit a document, it will always create these temporary files. These files should be removed when you close MS word, but in some cases it won't. You can remove these files because they are only temporary copies of the original document with the almost exactly same name.

If you don't want to see these files, configure you Window options to not show hidden files.
Por que hacerlo dificil si es posible hacerlo facil? - Why do it the hard way, when you can do it the easy way?
Joe van Raamt
Super Advisor

Thanks a lot Ivan, for the quick reply.
c'est la guerre