Operating System - Tru64 Unix
1753468 Members
4364 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: restore for a ds10 failure by the the messages Hard Error Detected Hardware ID = 49

nicu brasoveanu

restore for a ds10 failure by the the messages Hard Error Detected Hardware ID = 49

hello,

i have to do a restore for a ds10 server hp, and in the end i have the messages
scsi2: SCSI Bus was reset
cam_logger: SCSI event packet
cam_logger: bus 2
itpsa SCSI HBA
SCSI Bus was reset

vrestore: unable to read from device ; [5] I/O error
cam_logger: hardware_id=49 bus 2 target 6 lun 0
ctape_mode_sns
Unexpected CCB status
Hard Error Detected
Hardware ID = 49
HP C5683A C305
Active CCB at time of error
CAM subsystem is busy
ctape_mode_sns
Unexpected CCB status
Hard Error Detected
Hardware ID = 49
HP C5683A C305
CAM subsystem is busy
ctape_mode_sns
Unexpected CCB status
Hard Error Detected
Hardware ID = 49
HP C5683A C305
CAM subsystem is busy
ctape_async
Bus reset notification
Hard Error Detected
Hardware ID = 49
HP C5683A C305
vrestore: do you want to retry?

i don't understande for what is this issue, may be an internall problem by the server

may be somebody can help

Thanks in advance!!
4 REPLIES 4
Ivan Ferreira
Honored Contributor

Re: restore for a ds10 failure by the the messages Hard Error Detected Hardware ID = 49

It looks like a problem with your tape device, change the tape media, use a cleaning tape or call for a hardware revision.

Cheers.
Por que hacerlo dificil si es posible hacerlo facil? - Why do it the hard way, when you can do it the easy way?
cnb
Honored Contributor

The system is reporting an I/O error on the tape drive while reading from the tape. Clean the drive with a *new* cleaning tape. Insert the cleaning tape, wait for it to eject and reinsert your restore tape.

If the tape drive is external check the SCSI cables to make sure the connections are tight.

Retry the restoral. If it still fails, try to read a different known good tape to make sure your tapes are still good. If you can't read any known good tapes, then replace the tape drive.

Noroc!
nicu brasoveanu

merci very much, in the end we changed the tape divice and the restore finished ok.

merci again for your help.
cnb
Honored Contributor

Glad you got it fixed!

If appropriate, would you be so kind to assign some point values to the people that tried to assist, I'm sure they'd appreciate it.

cnb