Simpler Navigation for Servers and Operating Systems - Please Update Your Bookmarks
Completed: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We combined many of the older boards, so you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. Check the consolidated boards here as many sub-forums are now single boards.
If you have bookmarked forums or discussion boards in Servers and Operating Systems, we suggest you check and update them as needed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

restriced sam builder

SOLVED
Go to solution
Ragni Singh
Super Advisor

restriced sam builder

Hello everyone. I need to build a restriced SAM for some users but my dilemma is I need to do this on many many systems. When I build sam on one server, does it create some kind of a configuration file that I can just copy to all my other servers instead of going to each server and creating a new sam. Any heklp will be greatly appreciated.
2 REPLIES
Sridhar Bhaskarla
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: restriced sam builder

Sanman,

Everything will be saved under /etc/sam/custom directory as .cf files for each user. Try copying these files onto other systems and see if it works.

-Sri
You may be disappointed if you fail, but you are doomed if you don't try
S.K. Chan
Honored Contributor

Re: restriced sam builder

At the end of "man sam" there is a list of SAM related files. For example :

/etc/sam/custom => dir where SAM store user privileges.
/etc/sam/rmfiles.excl ....
/var/sam ....

What I would do is find from these directories
/usr/sam
/var/sam
/etc/sam
what files have changed and added after you have done yr restricted SAM build and copy those files only to another system and test if it works.