108760 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: scrollbar in exceed

SOLVED
Go to solution
rightbrain
Advisor

scrollbar in exceed

I have chosen HP, RLOGIN, and HPTerm w/param -display @d&@; out of the following options:

host type: BSD, DEC UNIX, DEC VMS, HP, IBM AIX, LINUX, SCO, SGI IRIX, SUN, UNIX
connect with: REXEC, RSH, RLOGIN, TELENET (all over TCP/IP), PCX$SERVER (over DECnet)
applications (parameter chosen xxx applies to each): HPTerm, Text Editor, Motif Window Manager, Load Meter, XClock, CDE Calculator, CDE Terminal, CDE Editor, CDE File Manager, CDE Mail Reader, CDE Calendar Manager, User Supplied

I am using HPUX 11iv1 that has been brought to the latest patch levels using the software inventory tool.

The graphical interface for various applications are there but no scroll bar as yet. Any assistance is greatly appreciated.
give my right brain some warning will ya?
5 REPLIES 5
Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

To get a scrollbar for hpterm you need to pass in -sb. To set the number of lines you need "-sl N".
rightbrain
Advisor

Thanks for responding so quickly. What should I put where. I got the message back /usr/bin/X11/xterm -display 138.254.232.106:0.0& ; -sb
sh: Syntax error: `newline or ;' is not expected.
#

The parameters I changed are -display @d&@; -sb:

I think I just put something in wrong
Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor
Solution

(Assigning 0 points is not going to encourge answers.)

>What should I put where. I got the message back /usr/bin/X11/xterm -display 138.254.232.106:0.0& ; -sb

You put the -sb and -sl N before the ";".
rightbrain
Advisor

I am testing via Exceed v7.1 xsession
method #1
@(HPTerm, method=stdappdb) -display @d&@

method #2
@(CDE Terminal, method=stdappdb) -display @d&@;

method #3
@(HPTerm, method=stdappdb) -display @d&@ -sb -sl;

method #1 was my method and produces no scrollbar while 2 does produce a scrollbar. I would prefer to use your method #3 with the HPTerm shown in method #1, but I cannot get #3 to produce the scrollbar. I gave you 10 points. We are getting closer.
Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

>I would prefer to use your method #3 with the HPTerm shown in method #1, but I cannot get #3 to produce the scrollbar.

Hmm, I assumed that Exceed would just pass those options onto hpterm. Perhaps there is another setting somewhere that does this?

> ... -sb -sl;

The -sl option takes a number of scroll lines:
-sl 1000

If that doesn't work and you still can't find how to change Exceed, you could create an .Xdefaults file and include something like:
HPterm*ScrollBar: TRUE