Simpler Navigation for Servers and Operating Systems - Please Update Your Bookmarks
Completed: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We combined many of the older boards, so you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. Check the consolidated boards here as many sub-forums are now single boards.
If you have bookmarked forums or discussion boards in Servers and Operating Systems, we suggest you check and update them as needed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

send email in the MS outlook

Noman Nishat
Occasional Advisor

send email in the MS outlook

Hello,

I am Noman Nishat. I am trying to configure oracle database backup wiith the sheduling/crontab.The log file which genrate by the oracle i have to send this file into MS outlook express daily basis . So i have to configure the send mail. How to configure the send mail i don't have idea. Kindly let me know steps by step that how to configure the send mail. I hope you people get my point
1 REPLY
Court Campbell
Honored Contributor

Re: send email in the MS outlook

You really don't need to configure sendmail. You just need to send the log to yourself using the mailx command:

# cat /some_log_file | mailx -s "subject line" someone@domain.com

following this will send the log output to your e-mail.
"The difference between me and you? I will read the man page." and "Respect the hat." and "You could just do a search on ITRC, you don't need to start a thread on a topic that's been answered 100 times already." Oh, and "What. no points???"