108797 Solutions
New Discussion

setting up a server - recomendations

SOLVED
Go to solution
Antony Wright
Frequent Advisor

Re: setting up a server - recomendations

Linux worked fine after a lot of thought and reading the advice given here and books of course.

Antony
John Collier
Esteemed Contributor

Re: setting up a server - recomendations

Now I know you will not point me for this, so I am safe :-P~

My congrats to you and my thanks for the follow up.

I know how much fun and hassle it is to get your first Linux box up and going. The fact that you chose to make a file server out of yours in a mixed environment made it that much more challenging for you, but it was well worth it.

Now you know much more than most with the same amount of time invested. Hopefully you will choose to keep up with your Linux boxes in the future. Heck, somebody may (sooner than you think) look at you as the Guru with all that you have learned just on this one adventure!

Thanks for letting help you on your journey. It was a pleasure on my part to share your success. It brought back warm (and some chilling) memories when you mentioned your first success and some of your first failures.

Happy New Year to you and all of the people you hold dear. May it bring you, and them, more than you could ever wish for!
"I expect to pass through this world but once. Any good, therefore, that I can do, or any kindness that I can show to any human being, let me do it now. Let me not defer or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again." Stephen Krebbet, 1793-1855