1752770 Members
4745 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: sqlldr problem in 9i

vadivelu Murali

sqlldr problem in 9i

I am having a blob file, i am trying to load this file into sqlldr it is giving me segmentation fault message,
but when i am trying to do the same thing with 8i, it is working fine,when i tried to load to 9i i am getting segmentation fault.

What may be the problem, how to rectify it

Thanks,
Murali.v
7 REPLIES 7
T G Manikandan
Honored Contributor

There are lot of bugs.
Can you revert with the exact version of the 9i oracle server installed.
Brian Crabtree
Honored Contributor

What version of 9i are you using? What is the Oracle error message?

In 9i, there is a compiler problem that is supposed to be completely resolved in 9.2.0.5.0. You might want to try upgrading your database to this version, and see if the problem goes away. Otherwise, you will need to pull the error code from the alert log and post it.

Thanks,

Brian
vadivelu Murali

Brain,

I am using oracle (9.2.0.5.0) and the sqlldr version is 9.2.0.3.0 ,
there is no oracle error message,
the error message is pointing to the line number in my script and followed by segmentaation fault message.

Brian Crabtree
Honored Contributor

Odd. Can you post the error message, and your script provided that it doesn't have any sensative information in it? Just the sqlldr controlfile and logfile is all we will need.

THanks,

Brian
vadivelu Murali

Hi Brain,
nothing is logged into the logfile ,
logfile is created with 0 size, no bad files at all.

The following is the ctl file
LOAD DATA INFLE '/MXDEV/DATA/*.CSV' "STR ' \n' " APPEND INTO TABLE blob_data FIELDS(
ID_VALUE CONSTATNT '1' ,
GUT_VALS RAW(32000) ENCLOSED BY
'<535FWKHFW290R>' '')

THE ,<535FWKHFW290R>, are information about the start of filed, end of field, end of file.

when i am running the script,

the following is the message i am getting
sql*loader : Release 9.2.0.3.0
copyright info...

/x.sh line 10 13388 segmentation fault followed by the content in x.sh script

Thanks in Advance,
Murali .V
Brian Crabtree
Honored Contributor

That file name looks odd. Why not move that out of the ctl file, and make it part of the command line data, which should force the UX system to parse the filename.

Everything else looks ok though. If that doesn't work (doubt it), I would call Oracle support and see if they can give you a hand with it.

Thanks,

Brian
Fred Ruffet
Honored Contributor

One reply you will get by Oracle support will be : Use sqlldr version that matches your server version (i.e. sqlldr 9.2.0.5).

Why aren't these versions the same ? If you had a 9.2.0.3 version and patched to 9.2.0.5, you maybe had an error, and keep some old version files... be carefull about this. (relink ?)

Regards,

Fred
--

"Reality is just a point of view." (P. K. D.)