Simpler Navigation for Servers and Operating Systems - Please Update Your Bookmarks
Completed: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We combined many of the older boards, so you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. Check the consolidated boards here as many sub-forums are now single boards.
If you have bookmarked forums or discussion boards in Servers and Operating Systems, we suggest you check and update them as needed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sqlplus: not found

ivanrc
Occasional Contributor

sqlplus: not found

I try to execute a shell script using plink.exe (plink -ssh "servermachine" -l "user" -pw "pass" /home/path../myScript.sh) and then i get the message "sqlplus: not found", but if i execute the same script in my unix machine i don't have this message an all is ok.

#!/bin/ksh
sqlplus -s ... << EOF
set echo off
set verify off
set feed off
set pagesize 0
set pause off
set linesize 4000
set trims on
set head off
set term off
set pages 0
set lines 2000
set space 0
set serveroutput on size 1000000
SPOOL /home/path/file.txt
DECLARE
...;
BEGIN
END;
/
SPOOL OFF
set serveroutput off
exit;
EOF
5 REPLIES
Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

Re: sqlplus: not found

It is likely your PATH doesn't contain sqlplus when you use plink -ssh?
rariasn
Honored Contributor

Hi,

Add ORACLE_HOME and ORACLE_SID.

rgs,
Matti_Kurkela
Honored Contributor

When you use plink to execute a script, what you're doing is called a "non-interactive login".

No matter which shell is configured for your user account on the servermachine, it probably handles interactive and non-interactive logins differently. Often some login scripts are omitted when doing a non-interactive login. This typically causes your PATH environment variable to be different from what you've used to.

Try setting PATH explicitly from the HP-UX system's standard configuration file in the beginning of your script:

#!/bin/ksh

export PATH=$(< /etc/PATH)

sqlplus -s ... <[...]

MK
MK
ivanrc
Occasional Contributor

Thanks to all, but the problem is that plink don't load the postprofile and then i have to add this load to my script.
ivanrc
Occasional Contributor

All is ok. Thanks.