5565 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: standby database

Tilak Gamalath
Occasional Contributor

standby database

hi,

if I use rman to duplicate a database, in order to create a standby db, will the SCN of redo logs be the same. will i be able to apply the archivelogs?

4 REPLIES 4
Massimo Bianchi
Honored Contributor

Hi,
as far as i know the answer is yes.

One of the main purpose of the standby database is to be able to recover the original DB, applying the archived redo-log.

HTH,
Massimo
twang
Honored Contributor

After your standby database creation, the primary instance will archive a copy of archived log to the standby database server, if your standby database is in "recover managed standby database;" mode, the standby will auto-apply those archived logs to keep sync with your primary database.
If you open the standby database in read only mode, then you can use "recover standby database;"to manually apply those archived logs.
Yogeeraj_1
Honored Contributor

hi,

backup and restore and reinstantiate the standby at that point

this is the procedure.

hope this helps!

regards
Yogeeraj
No person was ever honoured for what he received. Honour has been the reward for what he gave (clavin coolidge)
Yogeeraj_1
Honored Contributor

hi again,

please find attached the oracle documentation page which describes in details how to manage the gap generated during the creation of the standby database.

hope this helps!

regards
Yogeeraj
No person was ever honoured for what he received. Honour has been the reward for what he gave (clavin coolidge)