Simpler Navigation for Servers and Operating Systems
Completed: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We combined many of the older boards, so you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. Check the consolidated boards here as many sub-forums are now single boards.
General
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

swinstall non interactive session

SOLVED
Go to solution
catastro
Super Advisor

swinstall non interactive session

Hi to all.
I want to make the installation of several patches and bundles in some servers through the net with the swinstall in non interactive. I perform this comand:

swinstall -x autoreboot=true -x ask=false -x match_target=true -v -s /directory/

I also tried without some of these options but always tells me something like one of this:

NOTE: The match operation failed to find software in the source that matches software on the target.

ERROR: There is currently no depot software on host "triana" at ocation "/var/tmp/sw/". Make sure that an absolute pathname is specified for location (beginning with "/").

And when I do the swinstall -s /var/tmp/ it works fine and not says anything at all.
Anyone can help me to solve this task?
Thanks in advance
4 REPLIES
Ivan Krastev
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: swinstall non interactive session

For all swinstall (local or remote) you must specify product name for installation :

swinstall -s /path/to/depot Product

For network operation first register depot on remote server and add all (with swcopy)products/bundles/pathces in that depot.

After that use:

swinstall -s server:/depot product

to perform installations.
This is best way for multiply installations.

regards,
ivan
catastro
Super Advisor

Thanks a lot it helped me.
It worked finally I didn´t know where was the problem, and finally got that I was not registering my depot in the servers.
Just one more question, can I tell the swinstall to install more than one patch that is in one bundle?
Thanks a lot
Ivan Krastev
Honored Contributor

You can use \* for all patches in bundle. See man swinstall.

regards,
ivan
catastro
Super Advisor

Thanks a lot for your help